Need Expert Guidance On Your Business Continuity Plan?
written by posted on May 25, 2021
- What would you do if the power went out right now?
- What if your area flooded for days on end?
- Do you have a plan in place to recover from disaster quickly and keep your business running?
The Importance Of Business Continuity In Langley, BC
Preparing for business interruptions – both natural and human-based – is critical in order to make sure you can stay up and running, regardless of whether the outage is at the office, in your town, or around the world. Business Continuity planning is one of the most important requirements of management at a business.
In addition to reliable data backup capability, effective Business Continuity planning will get your business up and running with as little downtime as possible. It provides you with a robust set of tools to give your business the best chance to reopen and recover quickly, and with as little damage as possible to your operations and reputation.
Do you have a Business Continuity Plan in place? Or could you use our help?
What Will Coleman Technologies’ Business Continuity Support Protect You From?
- Data Retention Contingencies: At the rate that technology evolves, it’s no surprise that some businesses find it difficult to keep up with. When policy development falls behind the pace of adopted technologies, it can often lead to gaps, which can affect data retention.
- Cybercrime: Data loss is often the result of poor digital security; without the right defenses, cybercriminals can easily infect an IT system with ransomware or other types of malware to compromise company data. If you have a data backup solution, then it doesn’t matter if your data has been encrypted in a ransomware attack. You can just replace it with your backup, simple as that. That’s why you should make a considerable investment in a comprehensive backup data recovery solution so that you can restore your data at a moment’s notice when necessary.
- Human Error: Much of data protection is dependent on the user, and as such it’s vital that you properly educate your employees in safe conduct. The more your workforce knows about the security measures you have in place, the more confidently they can use the technology in a secure manner. Human error can be detrimental to data integrity. Without a viable backup, all it takes is one accidental click to delete a file, or one spilt coffee to fry a local hard drive.
What Will Business Continuity Planning Do For You?
- Protect Your Business Assets: Your information technology will be protected, and your staff will be ready and productive in the event of a disaster. Employees will be informed and rehearsed, and they’ll know what actions to take. This could save your business a lot of downtime and money. Furthermore, in keeping you running, this plan will protect the image, brand, and reputation of your company. If you’re able to continue functioning despite a disaster, your customers will see you as dependable, and your reputation will be enhanced as a result.
- Improve Your Business Culture: Your customers will feel confident doing business with you; you’ll be able to keep your commitments and ensure the continuing quality of the services and/or products you deliver. Furthermore, it shows your investors that you take your business seriously, that you’re prepared and ready to maintain productivity. Your staff will gain an awareness of business operations that they didn’t have before. Business Continuity planning can often provide staff with useful insights into improving the way they handle tasks, even in areas that hadn’t been previously considered.
- Prevention Of Downtime & Other Consequences: If a disaster does occur, the cost of disruptions will be significantly reduced with a Business Continuity solution in place. There will be no disruptions to your supply chain. Your competitive position will be maintained or even improved because you’ll be able to meet your contractual requirements, where others who aren’t protected won’t.
Coleman Technologies Will Help You Stop Worrying
Aside from all the technical and business benefits offered by our Business Continuity services, the bottom line is that we will help you stop worrying.
The Coleman Technologies team will help you avoid and minimize the effects of any disaster that hits Langley, BC. Get in touch with our team to start developing your Business Continuity plan.